Congratulations, your listing has closed! All of your hard work has paid off. Now you just have one more thing to do: mark the listing Closed on the MLS. Use this article as a cheat sheet to help you get it right.
Note: this applies to listings that are for rent as well.
A couple of things to keep in mind before you get started:
- In order to have the option to mark a listing Closed, it first has to be in the Under Contract status. You cannot go directly from any other status to Closed.
- The listing should be marked Closed in Matrix within 24 hours of the title passing.
- Please do not wait until you get your commission check before you close the listing in Matrix. Your getting paid is not the basis of the listing being closed on the MLS.
To mark a listing Closed in Matrix, go to the Add/Edit tab, select the desired listing and click Change to Closed:
When the Change to Closed form opens, it will have retained the Financing and Sales Agent information that you entered when you marked the listing Under Contract. You may change this information if necessary:
Just enter the Closed Date, Closed Price, Concessions, Financing and the information for the Sellers are going/Buyers are coming from field, then click Submit Listing.
*** Important things to remember ***
- Closed prices are entered in full dollar amounts (no cents).
- Do not include any punctuation in the price (no dollar signs, commas or decimal points).
- Please double check your closed price before you click Submit Listing to make sure you have entered the correct price, number of 0s, etc.
- As part of our ongoing effort to maintain data integrity and accuracy, all Closed listings are automatically checked by our compliance software. One of the checks performed is a comparison of list price to closed price. If there is a very large discrepancy between the two, it usually means that there may have been a typo in entering one of the prices.
If you receive a notification from our Compliance Team regarding your closed price, please do not ignore it, as that may lead to a fine. All you have to do it reply to the notification and confirm that the price you entered is indeed correct. If it is not, let us know so we can fix it for you (you will not be able to change anything after the listing is marked Closed).