There are several possible reasons Matrix can generate this error:
- If you have been inactive for a long period of time (about 60 minutes) and then try to start working again.
- If there is an interruption in your internet connectivity while in Matrix. If you lose your connection, even for a second or two, it can confuse Matrix and generate this error.
- If you have more than one instance of Matrix running at the same time. For example, you logged into Matrix in Chrome and then logged in a second time in Firefox. Or you have Matrix open in more than one tab simultaneously.
- You have not logged out of Matrix correctly by using the Logout button in the top right. If you just close the tab, or close the entire browser (using the red X in the upper right), it can hang up your login session and cause problems getting right back in.
- Using the Back arrow/button in your web browser can also cause the URL is old error to appear. It is advisable that you never use the browser's Back arrow/button to navigate backwards in Matrix.
If you were in the process of inputting a new/incomplete listing and get the error, if you log out of Matrix properly and then log back in, you should get the Auto Save Recovery window as soon as you open Matrix which allows you to get back into the listing and continue working without losing all of the work you had started.
Related articles :